Maltego works on Windows, Linux, and OS X. As Maltego is Java based it should work on most operating systems.
You will need a 64-bit version of Java 8, 11 or 17 run-time installed on your machine in order to use Maltego.
The Java 8, 11 and 17 JRE's are available for most popular operating systems, and we would recommend the Oracle JRE over OpenJDK.
- 4GB RAM,
- Intel i3
- 10Mbps Internet access speed
- 720p display
- 16GB RAM
- Intel i7
- 20Mbps or more Internet access speed
- 1080p display
When working with large graphs, it's best to have as much memory and CPU as possible. Adding new results to a large graph, as well as calculating new graph layouts require a lot of computing power.
A faster internet connection allows Transforms to run on large graphs in less time.
In order to use Maltego to its full capabilities, your Desktop Client will need to connect to "https://*.paterva.com", "https://*.maltego.com" and "https://*.txs.maltego.com".
Specifically, your Desktop Client will need to be able to access the following servers and ports:
- "https://zed.txs.maltego.com" (port 443)
- "https://bark.paterva.com" (port 5222)
- "https://public-tds.paterva.com" (port 443)
- "https://ceintegration.paterva.com" (port 443)
- "https://errors.paterva.com" (port 443)
- "https://dolores.paterva.com" (port 443)
- "https://start-page.paterva.com" (port 443)
- "https://mupdates.paterva.com" (port 443)
Please note that a number of third-party Transforms installed from the Transform Hub make use of their own Transform Distribution Server (TDS). Where this is the case, you will also need to allow Maltego to connect to the hosted TDS of these third-parties on port 443.