The Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) Server is a special server which hosts all of Maltego's Standard Transforms and executes these as requested through the Maltego Desktop Client.
CTAS stands for Commercial Transform Application Server.
The Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) Server includes Transforms for gathering OSINT from common sources on the Internet. This includes querying DNS servers, search engines, social networks, various APIs, and other sources. A full list of the Transforms included with the Standard Transform Add-on (CTAS) Server can be found in our Transform guide here.
Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) Server Transforms query the following data sources:
A Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) server allows you to host all of Maltego's Standard Transforms from within your organization. A Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) server is almost an exact copy of the Public Transform Server except that it can be hosted internally within your organization. This is specifically applicable to customers who prefer that their data does not travel over Maltego's infrastructure.
Why use a Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) Server?
Out-of-the-box Maltego Desktop Clients use Maltego's Public Transform Server to run Transforms that are located on the Internet and used by other Maltego users. A Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) Server is an on-premise server for customers performing sensitive investigations where their preference is to keep their Transform requests private. Although Maltego will never log the questions asked, nor their answers, when a Transform query is run on our Public Transform Server, some customers still prefer the peace of mind provided by hosting their own copy of our server.
You can see what is logged when a Transform is run on Maltego's Public Transform server here.
A Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) Server also includes a management console where the server status can be viewed as well as other basic server configurations that can be performed.
- The Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) Server is delivered as a docker image.
- The server is delivered as a virtual format that is downloaded on to a computer and no hardware is included.
- The docker image of the server is a snapshot of container built on an Ubuntu base.
- Hardware Requirements:
- The virtual server requires at least 2GB of RAM
- Any modern multi-core processor
- A minimum 25GB of storage space
- Network Requirements:
- The Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) Server requires Internet access because the Transforms running on the server will need to make connections to various online services.
- The Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) Server needs the following outgoing ports to be open: 80, 443, 25, and others (data provider specific). This list will increase in the future as more Transforms are created and we recommend that you do not limit the server from making outgoing connections to the Internet.
- Incoming connections need only to be on TCP port 443 and from the various clients IP addresses that wish to use the server.
Maltego Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) Server integrations requiring API Keys
Please refer to Standard Transforms Add-on (CTAS) Server Lising and API Requirements.