Transforms querying an API often require authentication or if your preference is to restrict the running of Transforms (or specific Transforms) to certain persons only. In these situations, an API key can be used.
To add a prompt which requires the entry of an API Key, a Transform Setting can be added to the Transforms To add this, please refer the steps given below:
- Log into the TDS:
- Public - https://public-tds.paterva.com/
- Private - iTDS - e.g. https://<ip-hostname-fqdn>:<port>/
- Navigate to Transform Settings
- Click Add Transform Setting or Edit Transform Settings. Name the setting. This is usually called "APIKey"; but confirm this per Transform.
- Select Yes from the Popup drop-down and select False from the Optional drop-down.
- Click on Add Transform Setting or Update Transform Setting.