Following the upgrade of your iTDS server, version 4.1.x (or older), you will need to run the Migration Helper to facilitate migrating the database to the latest version.
The instructions in this article will guide you through that process.
Expected State: This article assumes that you have recently upgraded an iTDS installation from 4.1.x (or older), to the latest iTDS version. When you start the iTDS, you should see a message in the logs indicating that a migration is required.
Running the Migration Helper
1. Please make sure that the iTDS is stopped, either by pressing Ctrl+C if it is running in the foreground, or, by running the following command if it is active in the background:
docker compose –f itds.yml stop
2. Create a file named 'itds-migration-helper.yml' in the same directory as your main iTDS docker compose file, with the following content:
version: "3" services: itdsdb: image: mysql:8.0.25 volumes: - db_data:/var/lib/mysql volumes: db_data:
3. Run the following command:
docker compose -f itds-migration-helper.yml up
4. Wait for the following message to appear in the output: "ready for connections. Version: '8.0.25'".
5. Stop the migration helper with Ctrl+C.
You can now start and run your iTDS as usual.