What are the minimum technical requirements for using Maltego?
Modified on: Thu, 30 Jan, 2020 at 9:25 PM
- Maltego is easy and quick to install - it uses Java, so it runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Hardware Requirements:
- A Maltego client requires at least 4GB of RAM, but the more the merrier as Maltego loves memory.
- Any modern multi-core processor (i3 or above) will have more than enough processing power.
- 4GB of disk space should be more than enough.
- A 720p display.
- Using a mouse makes navigating Maltego graphs much easier and is definitely recommended.
- Network Requirements:
- A Maltego client requires Internet Access to operate fully.
- The client will need to make outgoing connections on the following ports: 80, 443, 8081. Additionally port 5222 is needed to join shared graphs on Paterva's public Comms server.
- Please note that a Maltego client may need to make connections on additional ports if the client is using transform from 3rd party transform vendors from the Transform Hub.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.