What are the minimum technical requirements for using Maltego?
Modified on: Thu, 30 Jan, 2020 at 9:25 PM
- Maltego is easy and quick to install - it uses Java, so it runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Hardware Requirements:
- A Maltego client requires at least 4GB of RAM, but the more the merrier as Maltego loves memory.
- Any modern multi-core processor (i3 or above) will have more than enough processing power.
- 4GB of disk space should be more than enough.
- A 720p display.
- Using a mouse makes navigating Maltego graphs much easier and is definitely recommended.
- Network Requirements:
- A Maltego client requires Internet Access to operate fully.
- The client will need to make outgoing connections on the following ports: 80, 443, 8081. Additionally port 5222 is needed to join shared graphs on Paterva's public Comms server.
- Please note that a Maltego client may need to make connections on additional ports if the client is using transform from 3rd party transform vendors from the Transform Hub.